The Chair of the Governance of Complex and Innovative Technical Systems at the Otto-Friedrich-University of Bamberg is seeking to fill the position of a
Postdoctoral researcher (m/f/d)
(100 % of regular working hours; pay grade TV-L E 13, Postdoc)
to be filled for a limited period of two years. Optionally, the position can be filled on a part-time basis.
The chair’s research focuses on the study of the impact of digitization on society. Special attention is paid to the change of discourses, communication environments and effects. Furthermore, we investigate determinants and influencing factors on technology acceptance or rejection. In the coming years, these thematic focuses will be supplemented by the topics of artificial intelligence and climate change.
- Collaboration in research projects of the chair
- Acquisition of third-party funds
- Conducting courses of 5 SWS in the field of political science and computational social science (possibly also in English)
- Supervision of seminar papers
- Participation in examination and administrative tasks of the teaching unit
- Further qualification (habilitation) is explicitly desired and supported
- Relevant university degree (Diplom /Master of Science or comparable).
- Qualifying doctorate in political science or a related social science subject (e.g. communication science, psychology or sociology);
- Experience in the application of computational social science methods (e.g., automated text or image analysis, network analysis, collection and processing of digital trace data or other unstructured data)
- Knowledge of the programming languages R or Python; knowledge of other social science research methods with a quantitative focus (e.g., surveys, experiments) and Open Science is a plus;
- Knowledge of one or more of the following research fields:
- Digitization in Society and Politics,
- political communication,
- political psychology,
- political behavior;
- Independent work, personal commitment, communication and cooperation skills.
The Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg is committed to increasing the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore strongly encourages applications from appropriately qualified women. Severely disabled applicants will be given preferential consideration if their suitability is otherwise essentially equal.
The Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg has been certified as a family-friendly university by the Hertie Foundation. It is particularly committed to the compatibility of family and working life.
Please send your application documents (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, list of publications, a one-page outline of your research profile, examination certificates and doctoral degree certificate) in electronic form (compiled into one PDF document) to the chair holder Prof. Dr. Andreas Jungherr at the e-mail address below, indicating the job advertisement.
Application deadline: 31.01.2022
Starting date: 01.04.2022
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Andreas Jungherr: andreas.jungherr[at]uni-bamberg.de
Chair of the Governance of Complex and Innovative Technical Systems
Prof. Dr. Andreas Jungherr