At the Institute for Political Science of the Otto-Friedrich-University Bamberg, the Chair for the Governance of Complex and Innovative Technological Systems is seeking to fill the position of a
Postdoc researcher (Akademische/r Rat/Rätin auf Zeit, m/f/d)
(100 % of the regular working hours; remuneration class A 13 or TV-L E 13)
The position will initially be filled for three years (with the possibility of extension for up to three further years). It can either be filled in a temporary employment relationship as a scientific employee (TV-L E 13) or, if the necessary requirements are met, in a civil service relationship (Bes.Gr. A13).
Starting date is October 1, 2021.
Your responsibilities will include teaching requirements of 5 SWS in the field of political science, the use of experimental methods in the social sciences and/or the effect of communicative interventions (courses can be held in English). Your task portfolio will further include the cooperation in research and the acquisition of third-party funds at the Chair for the Governance of Complex and Innovative Technological Systems.
The chair’s research focuses on the impact of digital technology on society. Special attention is paid to the change of discourses, communication environments, and effects. Furthermore, we investigate determinants and influencing factors on technology acceptance or rejection. In the coming years, these thematic focuses will be supplemented by the topics of artificial intelligence and climate change.
- Relevant university degree (Diplom or Master of Science) and qualifying doctorate in political science or a related social science subject (e.g., communication science, psychology or sociology);
- A successfully completed doctorate in the relevant subject is required for civil service employment;
- Knowledge of one or more of the following research fields:
- Digital technology in society and politics,
- political communication,
- political psychology,
- technology acceptance and rejection;
- Experience in the application of quantitative social science research methods (e.g., surveys, experiments) and knowledge of the programming language R; knowledge of computational social science and open science is a plus;
- Willingness to pursue further academic qualifications (e.g., habilitation);
- Independent work, personal commitment, communication and cooperation skills.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Otto-Friedrich-Universität Bamberg strives to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore strongly encourages suitably qualified women to apply. Severely disabled applicants will be given preferential consideration if their suitability is otherwise essentially equal. The Otto Friedrich University Bamberg has been certified as a family-friendly university by the Hertie Foundation. It is particularly committed to the compatibility of family and working life.
Please send your application documents (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, list of publications, a one-page outline of your research profile, examination certificates and doctoral degree certificate) in electronic form (compiled into one PDF document) to the chair holder Prof. Dr. Andreas Jungherr at the e-mail address below, indicating the job advertisement.
Application deadline: 31.07.2021
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Andreas Jungherr: andreas.jungherr[at]uni-bamberg.de
Chair for the Governance of Complex and Innovative Technological Systems
Prof. Dr. Andreas Jungherr